Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 31

Thread: Gay Marriage

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member gcdevil22's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11th, 2004
    Posts
    5,129
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Gay Marriage

    this board is vuuuury slow...let's see if we can spice it up
    "An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity."

    -Martin Luther King Jr.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member smarty's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 13th, 2003
    Posts
    1,264
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gay Marriage

    I just hate hearing the words "sanctity or holiness of marriage" yeah right...in a country where the divorse rate is over 50% and people have affairs everyday, seems like people take take marriage so lightly these days.

    I'm kinda torn on this issue honestly, I'm not completely opposed nor for it... I do know I don't think their should be an amendment to ban it though b/c I don't think u should be able to regulate moral issues such as this one.

  3. #3
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Gay Marriage

    Your just trying to scur people away from the real issues. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Indian09's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 16th, 2005
    Posts
    1,111
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gay Marriage

    Oh dont get me started. There are few things i will argue against til the day i die and Gay Marriage is one of them.
    Reeking of awesomeness!

  5. #5
    Inactive Member gcdevil22's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11th, 2004
    Posts
    5,129
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gay Marriage

    thats cool...thats your opinion, i just wanna know why you can use your opinion to decide for others

    i mean obviously im not wanting to run out and be gay nor will i...but i cant decide that for other people, its just not my place

    hahaha NOLA...nah just tryin to get some discussion on here
    "An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity."

    -Martin Luther King Jr.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member imported_biggamesjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 5th, 2004
    Posts
    1,410
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gay Marriage

    [ QUOTE ]
    thats cool...thats your opinion, i just wanna know why you can use your opinion to decide for others

    i mean obviously im not wanting to run out and be gay nor will i...but i cant decide that for other people, its just not my place

    hahaha NOLA...nah just tryin to get some discussion on here

    [/ QUOTE ]

    That's one of the stupidest arguments that can be made for allowing gay marriage. Its like saying hey its your opinion that beasti-ality or rape is wrong but it may not be for everybody so there for you should be allowed to do it. People should be able to marry dogs after all right? Same with polygamy...you may think its wrong but not everyone does so it should be legal right? Just ignorant. Thats why we have laws...Just because a small fraction of the population believes in anarchy and that everyone should just be allowed to do whatever the heck they want doesn't mean that everyone else in the world has to submit. This way of thinking is very dangerous indeed if it begins to permeate society.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member gcdevil22's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11th, 2004
    Posts
    5,129
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gay Marriage

    2 things

    animals can't say no, rape means the girl says no and youre doing it anyway...in both cases you are violating the rights of the person you are having relations with

    same cant be said for gay marriage
    "An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity."

    -Martin Luther King Jr.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Craes's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 2005
    Posts
    1,212
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gay Marriage

    I think what you are saying there however are incidents where others' rights are being infringed upon. What was mentioned was two consenting adults, neither of which is of the canine species. In some places polygamy is legal.

    sorry didn't read on further....ditto to comment above
    I was married by a judge. I should have asked for a jury.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gay Marriage

    How many countries allow it? I know England has some provisions, but I don't know of many others that do.

    I am against it because I do not find it to be natural (homosexuality that it). I do agree with smarty that far too few uphold the sanctity of marriage in the heterosexual community.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gay Marriage

    I believe Canada does as well.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •